Sinus infection is a problem that becomes painful and irritating when it is prolonged because there is no specific treatment of sinus in allopathic.
Sinus infection can be very persistent and debilitating if you’re not treat it quickly.
In this post, I’m gonna show you how to treat sinus infection with some home remedies for the prevention and treatment that I have collected and developed over the years. But before that, please let me explain briefly about the causes, symptoms and the risk factors of the sinus infection.
Sinus Infection Causes
A sinus infection involves the accumulation of mucus in the sinuses. Cold viruses are the leading cause of sinusitis.
- Most sinus infections start after a cold. Your body fights the cold virus by producing mucus, which helps to get the virus from the nose and sinuses. The edge of the sinuses swell and mucus are partially blocked. This is called sinusitis.
- Smoking, allergies, overuse of nasal sprays, swimming and even changes in air pressure can cause sinusitis. When the mucus blocking the passage of a sinus, the bacteria can begin to grow.
- Bacterial infections can cause sinus pressure, pain around eyes and mouth. This is called acute bacterial sinusitis.
- A cold that starts to heal and that empire is perhaps a sign of acute bacterial sinusitis. Your provider may treat such infections with antibiotics.
Symptoms of Sinus Infection
Sinus congestion, runny nose and facial pain or pressure with headache may indicate a cold. But if the nasal discharge is yellow or discolored, it probably indicates a sinus infection.
Chronic sinusitis can affect your quality of life and fatigue. If you have asthma, they can aggravate it.
Sinus Infection Risk Factors
The following factors may increase the risk of sinus infection:
- Swimming in polluted water exposes your sinuses by bacteria.
- Frequent contact with young children puts you at a greater number of colds or bacterial infections.
- Active smoking or passive thickened tissue in your nose, slows the flow of mucus and allows bacteria to grow.
Tips To Prevent & Treat Sinus Infection Effectively
- One of the best ways to prevent sinus infection is to keep your sinus areas (areas of forehead and cheek) and warm moist mucous membranes.
- It is particularly important to keep your forehead and cheeks warm when you sleep. Keep a towel, hat or warm scarf over these areas as you sleep can really help. It is also a great treatment if you have a sinus infection.
- Using a humidifier in the room where you sleep is an excellent way to prevent and treat a sinus infection. Just these two suggestions can help prevent your problem, but otherwise, there are lots of supplements and foods you can take to keep your immune system in tip-top condition to treat and prevent sinus problems.
- Use a normal nasal spray made with salt and baking soda has helped me a lot. The recipe for this home remedy is ½ cup water, salt ¼ teaspoon and a pinch of baking soda.
- Make sure you use bottled water really clean or filtered water, otherwise you could make things worse. Shake the mixture well and place in a clean nasal spray bottle. It is also an excellent home remedy for allergies. You can use this nasal spray several times a day and is surprisingly effective.
- Watch the following video for details about the alternative way to treat sinus infection with herbal remedies.
Vitamins and foods as home remedies to treat and prevent sinus infection
- Vitamins, minerals and food supplements make great home remedies for sinus infection and of course they will also help to prevent it. I’m sure you realize that vitamin C is good, but getting the vitamin C from the fresh foods is even more important.
- A recent study found that natural vitamin C from food had a much stronger effect on maintaining healthy immune system that synthetic C (almost everything you buy vitamin C as a supplement to the store is synthesized).
- Some foods high in home remedy to prevent and vitamin C to treat sinus infection are citrus (oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, lemons), kiwi, cabbage, broccoli and berries.
- Vitamin C is a normal good decongestant and will help dry up inflamed nasal passages due to colds and sinus infection. I eat an orange peeled by all day during winter to prevent colds and sinus infection.
- Is your vitamin C supplement contain bioflavonoids? This is another important type of home remedy for food to maintain healthy mucus membranes and restore your immune system. You can find supplements at your health food store or get them naturally in the white part of citrus as well as in the pulp.
- Another very important supplement is vitamin A (not beta-carotene). It helps keep your skin membranes and mucus healthy. Do not take more than 5,000 international units every day as large doses of vitamin A can cause problems.
- Be sure to buy a supplement that is derived from a normal source (usually fish oil, synthetic vitamin A is not recommended). Vitamin A is found in normal eggs, dairy products, liver and some fish.
Minerals and other supplements to treat and prevent sinus infection
- Several minerals are important in keeping your immune system in top shape as well. Zinc is the most important of these home remedies.
- Most of people take zinc lozenges when they get a sinus infection. But if you take zinc in advance, you can completely avoid the unpleasantness of being sick.
- Yet another important mineral is selenium. Be careful not to take excessive amounts of these minerals because they can be toxic in larger doses.
- The supplement to the house known but very little else good remedy for sinus infection is a cysteine NAC or n-acetyl, which is a powerful antioxidant that form from the amino acid cysteine.
- It helps to increase the supply of your body very important enzyme, glutathione contributing significantly to your immune system as it reduces congestion.
- Some other home remedies to treat immune system are garlic, flaxseed and flaxseed oil, echinacea, and chlorella extract, grape seed / raw spirulina.
- Do not forget fruits and fresh raw vegetables. It may sounds like a survey because everyone tells you that eating your fruits and veggies but the truth is? Raw foods are very healthy. They all contain natural nutrients and enzymes that are cooked out of almost all prepared foods.
- People who eat mostly draw foods tend to stay healthier than people who eat lots of foods prepared and cooked. For the best home remedy for sinus infection, you could go to the nearest store and look for raw foods.
- In winter, you can buy many types of frozen fruits to use in smoothies or to eat with yogurt. Frozen fruit still has lots of great food to keep you healthy. Before adding any supplements or changing your diet, consult your healthcare professional.
Although the sinus infection could not lead to cancer, if left untreated can cause damage to the cheekbones and sinuses system that requires surgery. It is advisable to seek treatment on an urgent basis to prevent a bad compilation of the brain which is can lead to death.
This post is just helping you to prevent and treat sinus infection at the early stage. It is recommended to seek a doctor for details info about the treatment.